Join us in a brand-new online training course offering an introduction to evaluation. Whether you're new to the field or looking to deepen your understanding, our course caters to diverse learning needs. It's an ideal starting point for beginners and a valuable refresher for experienced professionals.
Designed by our own Research Director; Tanya Fosdick, this short course provides the foundations to demystify evaluation based on her extensive insight and hands on experience with evaluating programmes. This introductory course is ideal for those who are looking to get started on their evaluation journey, designed for professionals who work on delivery or management of behaviour change interventions, particularly in the road safety sector.
Arranged over 6 modules, the online course provides flexible learning at your own pace, allowing you to balance your professional development with existing commitments. Access to the course is for 12 months, meaning that once you’ve finished the short course, you can continue to access and revisit any of the materials.
Throughout the course, we will cover:
- Why evaluate? Exploring the basic question of why evaluation is so valuable and powerful.
- Terms and definitions - Understanding the key knowledge that helps us define the evaluation process.
- The application to intervention planning – Considering a process for intervention design that allows us to integrate evaluation alongside delivery.
- Why data is important, and how to use it – Considering the role of existing data and evidence as the key starting point for our interventions and how it should inform how we evaluate our work.
- Aims and objectives – Looking at how well-defined aims and objectives support impartial decisions about the success of our work, and how we go about writing them.
- Intervention delivery design that integrates evaluation – A broad exploration of how to take evaluation further in our work, as we look at the wider methodologies that we can use to design meaningful evaluation that is completely integrated into our intervention.
We invite you to join us on this course, to understand the strength of evaluation to improve delivery of behaviour change interventions in road safety, how it supports the building of an evidence base of what works, and, most importantly, how evaluation can improve safety outcomes for road users.
We look forward to you joining us.